3C’s catering shares 8 tips to help you with your meeting with your caterer.
- Have a budget you are willing to discuss with caterer. Understand that 25-33% of your wedding budget
should be designated for your caterer.
- Decide what type of an affair you want- sit down, buffet, stations, family style, passed appetizers or a popular alternative an all dessert reception.
- Discuss what type of food whether theme, such as spanish, italian etc or personal preferences.
- Discuss dietary restrictions such as gluten intolerance, or food that may cause an allergic reaction.
- Discuss whether you would prefer vegan, organic or homegrown options.
- Discuss the timing of the photographs prior to the reception to plan timing of the meal service.
- Always ask for a taste test of the foods that will be served.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Ask if the caterer will incorporate family recipes, special diet requests etc.